Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8/24/10

5.54 mile run - 55:52

Knee pain flared up half way through - it's strange I can go for a while before it starts. Running faster is considerably more comfortable. Only my 6th run of the month so it shouldn't be from overuse I think. Wish I knew how to fix the problem. At least with regular running injuries there is standard recovery advice. Maybe I should try upping my speed significantly and work back up to these distances? It's been a month since the pain started...

It's also strange that even though I'm convince that I run faster on pavement, my mile times are still hovering around 10 minutes. Another reason to try picking up my cadence and speed. On a positive note, my level of fitness feels sufficient for these long runs - it's only the pain holding me back for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment